| | Couple of question about BLACKBERRY technology
Please Login to Remove!
I am new to this Blackberry technology and trying to understand as how the technology works so that I can use it for my office email.
We are a small business company with 25 users with a local Microsoft exchange server ( 2003), there are around 4-5 users who are interested in getting the blackberry devices so that we can use them on road to check emails.
Right now we have local laptops where outlook is configured with POP3 and all the emails get downloaded on to the local pc, we have a OWA(outlook web accesss) capability as well.
I have read some of the web links where they are having BES which I guess is for corporates when they have many users, in our case I guess we dont need any BES(black berry enterprise server) ? right ?
So based on our scenario:
1) First we need to get some black berry devices from our exisiting cell phone provider ? right ?
2) We need to subscribe the emailing service so we can browse our emails on the blackberry devices ? right ?
3) Do we need to install any software at our office MS exchange server ?
4) Do we need to install any software on my local laptop which has the outlook client in it(where currently I do check emails ) ?
5) The emails what I am looking in the blackberry device are they copy of the emails on my exchange server ? or does it get downloaded on my blackberry device ?
6) Lets say if I have 5000 emails on my mail server account , can I look into all the 5000 emails on my blackberry ?
7) If a new email comes to me with an attachment of 10MB ? will i be able to open in blackberry ? Lets say its an excel file or picture ?
8) If i delete emails from my blackberry device , does it get deleted from my
exchange mail server account too ?
9) If I reply to an email from blackberry device, does the message sit in the SENT items on the blackberry device ?
10) Does the SENT items in my blackberry and the exchange servers SENT items get synchronized ?
11) My contacts & calendar get syncronized as well ?