- Better keyboard than 7100t
- If you prefer to type one-handed, SureType is easier than QWERTY
- Very bright screen, best indoor BlackBerry screen. Higher resolution in a small area.
- For outdoor use, BlackBerry screen is much worse than other BlackBerry models
- May feel somewhat cheap in comparision to other BlackBerry models
- More compact
- Better phone
- Has voice ringtone support (ADPCM ringtones supported), if you want fancy ringtones
- Full QWERTY keyboard, faster to type on but you must use both hands.
- Bigger screen but lower resolution
- Excellent visibility both indoors AND outdoors.
- Bright screen, not as colorful as 7100 but MUCH better than the 7230.
- Longer battery life
- More ruggedized.
- Screen is always on, can display data nonstop (backlight OFF) for
- Recommended if you plan to do lots of email and data (includes chat, etc)
- If you intend to do long emails on BlackBerry, it is usually more pleasant to do long emails on the 7290.