View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
anthonymoody
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Thanks for the headsup about the crossgrade. Nice price - I'm a former PPC user (don't ask) so I was eligible for the reduced price.

And. . . WOW. I'm not going back. My needs are simple really: iCal and Address Book syncronization with my MBP and 8700. Missing Sync is slick, keeps you posted as it works much better than PM, doesn't bounce around in the dock or launch additional apps/utilities while syncing. It just seems to be have like a Mac app should. Time will tell, but the early confidence is high.

I used PocketMac 4 for a long time, and every once in a while it would just act up and do all sorts of sloppy things, or worse - fail outright as it did today. At one point I even feared that it bricked my 8700. Look - I used it for a very long time, and most of the time it more or less worked. But the frustrating thing is that for no reason whatsoever that I could discern - no change in usage of the BB or the MBP or the software and WHAM it would just start acting terribly.

No mas. I uninstalled it and did the crossgrade to Missing Sync and I'm glad I did.

TM