View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Spraggle

Model: 8800
Post Thanks: 0

Hi there....

I posted the following message on another forum, but it looks like you guys are having the exact same issue.. but here is a summary anyway:

-----------------------
The basic summary of the issue is that we have a Blackberry 8800 that will not display or access the Blackberry Messenger application, although it's installed.

Detailed issue:

User was given a brand new Blackberry 8800 which they used for a short time, used Blackberry Messenger application on it fine, but then after copying over things from their old Blackberry they suddenly weren't able to use Blackberry Messenger.

After trying everything with this Blackberry they gave up and bought a brand new Sim Free Blackberry 8800 from Vodafone. Put the new Sim in and connected to the net. Downloaded the Blackberry Messenger application and it showed up in the Installed Applications list - but not on the home screen.

Somethings I tried:

- Showing all applications on the home screen, didn't work
- Went into each module of Blackberry Messenger and set to Allow
- Restarted the phone
- Deleted the application
- Downloaded new service books
- Reinstalled the application using the Desktop Manager... still nothing

When plugged into the Desktop Manager software the Blackberry Messenger does show up as being installed... I just still can't access it!

I've called Vodafone and they've really not been helpful... a last resort is to call Blackberry and almost pay the cost of the phone to speak to their tech team... so I thought I'd appeal for help on here.....

Messenger version 1.0.94
Blackberry OS v4.2.1.68

Cheers.
-----------------------------

So as the last post on here was the 13th of March, has anyone got any updates on this situation or what I can do about it? The user has left me the old blackberry, and I have the settings backed up to a laptop, but there is no SIM in the phone.. so I am unable to access the net..

I have downloaded the application to the handset again, but it's still not showing up... Any ideas?

Spraggle
Offline   Reply With Quote