View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
knezek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: The New ;) AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
the app is a great idea, but the problem is that it does not give exact yardage...
If your a 15 handicap I suppose your game is not quite as exacting. I will give this a try, it might be useful for bunkers, water etc...But because there is no shared database, you would first need to play the course to enter the information and then play it again to make use of the info...If I play a course more than once or twice, I already have a good idea as to where I do, and don't want to be.

Have you thought about make a centralized database so all users could share the data collected?
I'm not sure what you mean by not giving exact yardage....to the pin? I use it by having the front and back of the green yardages and then storing pin placement adjustments in the info box which you can call up for any target with the enter key. My league course has a pin sheet each week, so this works good in my case.

If I'm going to a new course, I will usually pull it up on Google Earth, and map the major hazards and green centers. While playing, if the pin is in the front or back, I make adjustments just like I would if using a sprinkler head.

Of course, I live in the Detroit area so the Google Earth maps are pretty detailed. Their have been some courses in Kentucky that I had to go to another source for better detail.
Offline   Reply With Quote