View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile
Post Thanks: 9

Unfortunately water damage is real. Most of the sales people have little or NO electronics training except that which is provided by the perspective carrier. The indicators are a quick way to let them no of liquid coming into contact with the device in some form. I found the best way to tell is to look at the charging or data ports, if you see corrosion (the greenish or white crusty stuff) indeed it is damaged by liquid. MyBB indicator went off afer I had it in Bathroom as I showered no other damage it has worked flawlessly since. Darn if I can get warranty work and I have opened the device to repair/replace the track wheel other than some dirt it as fine.

If the device is working normally then Id say it had a minor exposure. Try contacting the manufacturer you can send it in for warranty yourself. They will generally at the least open the phone first.

I had a lady come in once water indicator red as can be and she absolutely denied any water exposure. I opened the phone and out poored an ocean of water the look on her face was priceless. "ma'am you need a new phone" I stated.

Batteries will typically last 2 years maybe a bit more, using a car charger alot will shorten the life of your battery at least in my experience.

If you drop phone into water DO NOT power it on disassemble as much as you can and let dry for as long as you can, I find putting it on the dryer and runing dryer for several cycles helps quite a bit.

Wow just realized how much I have rambled sorry

Last edited by ezrunner : 04-08-2007 at 08:15 AM.