View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Davinci1969
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230
Carrier: Vodafone NZ
Post Thanks: 0
Post Advise on upgrade from 2.2 to 4.1 and restore options

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, sorry for the big title

okay, I have been reading through the Upgrade Guide for upgrading 2.2 to 4.1 and taking note of their sagely advise to backup IT Policy, BlackBerry specific Domino databases, server.ID and notes.ini file, etc in case things don't go well.... however, I do not see anywhere here the process for restoring this information to get you back from the edge, if it is possible?

Could someone please advise what, if any, restore process there is if your upgrade from 2.2 to 4.1 should fail? I know you are moving information out of the Domino databases and into an MSDE database, but how do you recover if that fails?

Also, a little help please on he upgrade process, the server I am going to be looking to upgrade is currently 2.2.3a and I will upgrade to 4.1.3.
I have seen mentioned that to have the read/unread status displayed on the devices your Domino messaging server needs to be at 6.0.4? Am I reading this correctly?

Finally, a number of BlackBerry devices software is at 3.7 and 3.8 and the Desktop software is at 3.6 and 4.0. Is there any reason why I would not want to update the Deskto and Handheld software prior to the upgrade of the server software? If some devices are left at 3.7 and then later upgraded to 4.0 or 4.1, would redocking them to the Desktop then push out the service books to allow wireless PIM redirection?

Alot of questions I'm sorry but any help is greatly received and if there is a document on the 2.2 rollback, all the better

Thanks again
Davinci1969