View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
MAC525
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Default Has anyone else had problems with the Zen theme?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a new BlackBerry owner (but a bit of a techie geek) and so I recently installed the Zen theme on my Blackberry 8703e (Verizon Wireless). I didn't have any problems installing the theme or using it until about a week after I installed it. I noticed there were several "buggy" things about my device:

1. I lost the ability to search my Address Book by typing in a person's first or last name. I eventually did a reset (pulled the battery out) and this worked.

2. I lost the ability to use the shortcut to turn the keyboard lock on (by pressing the "K" button the keyboard when you're in your home page). Performing a reset also corrected this problem.

3. My Address Book started syncing funny with my Outlook (some of the contacts' info were being swapped with one another). Unfortunately, a reset didn't correct this problem. I had to wipe out my device, including the OS, and reinstall everything.

I'm curious: has anyone else had problems with their phone after installing the Zen theme? I searched the forums but didn't see any postings related to this, so I'm wondering if I'm alone on this one.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to why I was having so many problems with my phone after installing the theme? Perhaps I did something incorrectly or the problem was with something else?

Your help is appreciated. Thanks!