EDIT : dead link corrected
EDIT2 : updated BLACKBERRY.ALX file to unlock all themes
EDIT 3: Added instructions for installation
BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.124 (Chinese) |
Package Version: 126.96.36.199
Software Platform: 188.8.131.52
File name: 8700C_PBr4.2.1_rel126_PL184.108.40.206_A220.127.116.11_OPTUS.e xe
File size: 56.19MB
To install this update:
1. Download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager
2. Donwload this OS and install it to the PC.
3. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (this step is necessary any time an OS is installed from a different carrier than what is branded on the BB.)
4. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
To add the vendor themes with the Blackberry.alx included in the BlackBerry.zip below. This can be done before or after the upgrade. Recommendations are to do it after the installation of the OS.
1. Download and unzip the file below.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files\8700-v18.104.22.168_P22.214.171.124
2. Find the Blackberry.alx and rename it Blackberry.old (you can delete the old one but this allows you to restore it easily if necessary)
3. Copy the new Blackberry.alx you unzipped into this same folder where the old Blackberry.alx was.
4. Now connect the BB and run Desktop Manager and open Application Loader. You should see that "core applications" says "upgrade." Finish the installation.
Note: You do not use the "add" feature in Application Loader for this process.