Note: for those who read other bby sites my apologies if this is a repeat but still yet to find a solution
I have tried everything (or at the very least spent counteless hours) and can't seem to find a robust solution using BIS. Curious if anyone has had similar issues/possible solutions.
I am currently using a hosted BES solution which is very costly (hotsted solution's Exchange Mail + Hosted solution's Blackberry add on + Cingular's additional BES charge = $25 to $30 extra). I don't mind spending some extra money, say for yahoo mail plus or google apps for domains pro etc. but would rather not have the monthly fees. My Criteria:
1. Two-way sync
with blackberry and desktop/web-based mail. Calendar and contact wireless sync a plus but not req'd. The sync must also treat a deleted item on a blackberry as an archived item and visa versa.
2. Archiving through gmail.
I have had a gmail account for years and require all email sent and rec'd to flow into it for future reference. If Gmail ends up being the main client then this is very easy.
3. Robust spam filtering
(Gmail is the only one I am happy with so far)
4. Recipients only see my domain email.
Sender/reply to etc must always come from my domain - with GMAIL, recipients often see "email@example.com On Behalf of
". GMAIL for Domains gets around this.
Here is my currrent temporary solution - it's too pricey to keep forever.
* email from my domain is forwarded to my hosted BES provider, so I have BES email with real-time delivery, wireless syncing etc.
* At the exchange level all email is forwarded to my gmail account with a filter and label archving it.
* Using an app called "Auto BCC for Outlook" which forwards my sent emails from my BES account to my gmail archive
This solution covers all my issues except the spam (and its costly).
The way I see it, and correct me if I am wrong, here are the drawbacks of the other BIS only solutions... GMAIL/BIS
- no two way sync (perhaps when 2.3 comes out there will be). A delete on a blackberry is associated with a delete on gmail. I would like a delete on the blackberry to be treated as an ARCHIVE on Gmail. Also has the "on behalf of.." issue GMAIL for Domains
- no BIS yet, treats it like POP which is too slow. It does get around the "on behalf of" issue Yahoo!/BIS
- I would still need a solution to get into gmail for archive. Spam filter is not great.
Gmail For Domains/Yahoo/BIS
- I did try using gmail for apps/domains forwarded to a Yahoo account which was then synced with BIS. Also had incoming mail forwarded from gmail for apps to Gmail Archive. I then had BIS foward outgoing mail to the Gmail Archive account but could not find a way to get email sent from yahoo to be forwardd to gmail. Also tried a similar solution but with BIS forwarding to Gmail archive instead. I might be getting confused here remembering all they combos I tried but in the end none was ideal in terms of the gmail archive.
Anyone have any ideas? Is BES the only solution?