View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
igotanblackberrypearl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
Just going to go out on a limb here. You bought the phone without a manual. You have no clue how to operate it. (Not putting you down, just stating the facts as I can see them based on your posts in the last hour).

My guess at this point is that you bought the phone from an individual either on ebay or some other way.

From there, I am guessing you have no data plan for your phone, all you did was drop your SIM card into the phone from your old phone.

So far, so good? Did I miss anything?

If thats the case, then yes, you are correct, the instructions I gave you won't work. Because in order for your phone to have the multimedia message functions (i.e. picture messages), email, and all the other amazingly cool features of your phone, you have to purchase a separate Blackberry Data plan from Cingular. They start at $29/mo. and go up from there.

If you don't have a data plan yet, none of the functions you've been asking about will work.

My suggestion is take the phone to Cingular, get a data plan set up, and while you are waiting for the service books to be sent (don't worry, the rep will teach you) ask him to show you the basics on using this phone.

We're more than willing to help here, but I am guessing at this point all you have is a really cool phone. That will play mp3s.

99% is true, anyways, i will be doing that. so, if i don't have a data plan, i can't be uploading songs to my phone?