View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 01:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
SAS
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 7290
Posts: 29
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
SAS... Data connection refused means that the GPRS authentication has failed, which is long before a connection to the relay is needed.

cd.

Corey, Data Connection Refused is something I see alot, and 90% of the time its because the persons profile is corrupt, they can usually see gprs network but cant logon, the other 10% is because of a problem at rim's end with the autntication servers. To get onto GPRS the relay must be up and running as part of the signon process involves authentication with RIM's server in Egim (sp?) Thats the way the Blackberry Architecture works.
Offline