View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg View Post
I presume that you want to allow OWA for some users / from some external addresses but not others?

If so, then I guess that you could block HTTPS access from the servers that RIM uses for BIS email (I'm assuming that you don't have HTTP OTA enabled). From where I am (UK) a quick check of the last few days' logs shows only requests from 216.9.241.xxx.

I don't see how accessing OWA via BIS is any less secure than any other random web browser, though...
Yep.. exactly what I'm shooting for.

Interesting... If I can narrow down the BIS traffic to a block of addresses, that would be ideal & very easy to restrict.

While security is always a concern, my big deal here is email archiving and retention. I need to be able to retain a copy of every email (and store them for 6 years). OWA via BIS is a 'threat' because once the email is pushed out of my organization and gets onto the unmanaged handheld, the subsequent replies will not be archived.

I'm hoping the the BIS servers here in the US are all coming from a common netblock as well.

Thanks.

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1