View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
THafemann
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Post Thanks: 0
Default Yes, it shouldn't work

Hey there,

I don't think that 6.5.7 is SOAP compatible. You need Client 7.0.1+ do to it.

So, either you have to upgrade your client, or you have to back rev your database.

Let me share this with you.

1. There is RARELY anyone in here from RIM, so the advice is ONLY as good as the people giving it.
2. This has been my first experience with RIM and Blackberry. I configured everything the way they outline it and have problems, so what do I do, I call tech support. They tell me that the SOAP stuff doesn't work and make me back off my Groupwise Client and reconfigure my Database to run the API way. I call again because activation on all my Blackberry's doesn't work. I told them how I was setup and they said "Who told you that?" I gave them the person's name and incident number and the told me they were wrong.
3. I have installed 4.1.3 hp2 from the start. I can not get my Address book to sync properly and I have other little issues, like GW Messenger not updating. Anyway, it took over a week for them to come back and say, "Yes, we know it is broken. We'll get a fix out in the next SP whenever that is. Meantime, sorry." What a crock.

Since we are in the testing phaze of this, I think we are going to give up on Blackberry and RIM at the end of this month. It hasn't been worth it.

Tom