View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
oedenfield

Model: 7290
Post Thanks: 0

We have a 7290 BB with Exchange server and BES. When we delete a message or move one into the Inbox in Outlook, even right after message reconciliation the changes do not reflect on the handheld. Also when this user replies to messages overnight and deletes messages via the handheld, the changes are not reflected in Outlook.

Since both the handheld and Outlook communicate with the Exchange server, why do we even need to reconcile/sync messages anyway? I would expect Outlook to work the way it always has, when a message comes into the inbox on the server, the change is reflected on the userís Outlook Inbox; and when a new message comes into the inbox on the server the new message is pushed to the BB handheld. When a message changes (read/unread status, deletion, etc.) those changes are stored on the Exchange server, and therefore should instantly (or the next time the handheld/Outlook client is communicated to from the server) be made in both places.

I am still learning how the BlackBerrys work so please correct me where I may be wrong. Thank you.

Orrin