View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Entropy666
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: 24311b91
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I'd love the reader. I have a lot of Hebrew docs from Israeli companies and simply use a reader and addon on the Palm. This system is just a graphic unfortunately and the connection to server makes it a no go - especially when you boys may be out of range in the Catskills, lol. My advice - scan in these few items, convert to graphic, store on your SD card and view them in the viewer. I applaud the effort though and hopefully this will get cheaper and not require the persistent connection at startup.
Yes know slinky the connection at every startup is a pain. This really kills me on the subway and in my apartment where I have sporadic reception. We really could use a reader for texts that we find online. I am actually working on something that may help me with hebrew documents but as of now I have only heard of this solution. I tried using images but first of all the images themselves are hard to come by. and having to scroll through images at a readable font is not as easy and just hitting the spacebar button. All I can say is that there is alot of room for improvement and I am really looking for a developer to grab the bull by its horns and produce a better product.