View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
JaredH
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Blackberry 8830 > Motorola Q

Please Login to Remove!

Instead of just keeping it to myself I have to say how bad the Motorola Q is. It's so slow and glitchy. I was that guy sitting looking at reviews saying "That wont happen to me, it never does, and I'm sure the battery isn't thhhhat bad."

Well here I am three days later disliking it very much.

Day one issue: The charger that came with the device wouldn't charge the phone while it was on, only when it was off did it charge.

Day two issue: This was more of a realization; the device is very laggy and takes a long time to catch up to what I want. The scroll wheel is also very inaccurate when going between contacts or programs.

Day three issue: Randomly the phone stopped recieving internet access and wouldn't recieve or send calls, it only allowed me to send txt. I'm sure I missed a few phone calls. I turned it on than off and it works now but sssseriously now.

I'm going to purchase the 8830 on thursday and kiss this dumb-phone goodbye. Wish me luck, I'm looking forward to joining the BB community.

Oh one more thing, I've been reading a lot about how the 8830 is hard to type on because of the blue backlight keypad but I went to the store today and tried it for about 30 min and did some decent amount of typing and didnt seem to have much affect on my vision, the key spacing was the only minor issue I saw.