View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12984 View Post
I am going to get a BLACKBERRY and with a company discount i can get the 10MB data plan for only $24.29 a month. I will only use the Blackberry for checking email (only 15 a day max with no attachments), checking a few webpages a couple times a day (espn.com for sports scores and weather.com for weather updates), and text messaging co-workers and friends (about 300 a month). I have two questions...

1. Do text messages count as DATA??? (i am not talking about IMs or picture/video messages...just plan text messages)

2. Will 10MB of data cover my usage according to what i have put in above??

I am not paying $40.99 a month for unlimited data (not in enough money in my budget) so its either the 10MB plan or nothing. Also i called Verizon and ask them the same question posted above and theysaid...since the Blackberry is always online i will for sure use more than 10MB of data per month so i need to get the unlimited plan....BUT when searching online i have found plenty of people who use the Blackberry more than described above and they say they come in way under 10MBs of usage a month????

What do you guys think???

just get unlimited for the extra peace of mind. all it takes is someone to send you a few attachments in a billing cycle and you're "F'ed"

T-mobile and Cingular/ATT have data plans at $30/month and $35/month respectively