View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
homer22568

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default I Unlocked My Blackberry 8830

Please Login to Remove!

YES ITS TRUE!

I'm a new user and the only reason I'm posting is because I really thought I should share this information with you all. I called Verizon today asking for an unlock code and basically what they did is email me a form that I can fax in to get my unlock code. In order to be eligible for it you must have either: i) paid full retail for the phone; ii) met the minimum contract requirement for the phone; iii) pay the difference between the price you paid for the phone and the full retail price of the phone.

One interesting clause of the agreement you must sign reads: "3. Customer agrees to use the Global Phone SIM Card when roaming in ‘GSM Mode’ within the then-current GPSA throughout the line term. Failure to abide by this requirement may result in suspension or termination without notice of Global Phone service for the applicable subscriber line" though I'm not sure how they would even find this out. Nevertheless, you should all take advantage of this if you abide by the terms of the contract -- I paid full retail for my phone so I am eligible.