View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 0

Well I got home tonight to find a nice FedEx package waiting for me. I have never been so enthused about and aftermarket product for the blackberry like I have this case/protector.

It definately fits like a glove... the first thing I did was throw the berry on the basement floor, twice in fact... bounced around a little bit, but is none the worse.

I must admit at this point, it does feel a little weird... having had the 6280 for a few years, and now the 7290, it's a little awkward right now, but I am sure I will get used to it.

I will say this though, I am very impressed with the service that Amy has given so far. As her and I spoke yesterday, I explained to her that not only do I work for a construction company, I also work with a rather large Rogers/Bell dealer in the Niagara region (4000+ current data subscriptions), I also manage several BES servers for the clients, so much to my suprise, there was not just 1 case, but 2 cases in the delivery today.

I will be making daily updates to this thread or maybe another separate thread chronicling the daily wear and tear (abuse) that my Blackberry goes through, as well as some of our people at work go through. Our handhelds regularily get dropped... in mud, on asphalt, on concrete, dirt, gravel, you name it. I will take pictures as well from time to time of the handhelds as proof of how they fair.

I am already very impressed with this, definately has top marks for the 'coolness factor', and I can't see any reason why it won't get top marks for the 'ruggedness factor'.

Way to go Speck for something new and exciting for us Blackberry users... $35 is a small price to pay as opposed to replacing our blackberry's because I have dropped the 6280 40 to 50 times and maybe 6 or 7 times for the 7290, and I am sure I am not the only one.

cd.