View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 1

>>Also, does it charge when you hook up the USB cable?

Yep, it does.

>>I was on a call earlier and got dicoe'd, I looked and the battery indicator was red, I turned on the light and it gave me to blue bars. Now it's been running all afternoon.

That sometimes happens if you push the battery very hard very fast. (Simultaneous Bluetooth+Phone call is the fastest way to eat the battery) Then after the battery has nearly drained, it disconnects the call. But then now the battery cools down a bit, the battery bar bounces back. As long as you're not pushing it too hard, the battery bar can sometimes bounce back from 0 battery bars all the way back to 2-3 battery bars after the battery has "cooled down" from a very intensive phone call. But then if you try to press it a second time, it may bounce back to only 1 battery bar next time or just automatically shut off.

You already gave your battery a super drain. But now your battery can no longer handle a super drain for long (it disconnected during a phone call at zero power bars), but you can finish off your battery simply by leaving the backlight always-on such as using the BBLight utility, or just doing emails. Sometimes, a BlackBerry with a battery too weak to be able to do long phone calls reliably, may still be able to squeeze a few more hours of email reception, assuming the battery is cooled off.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon : 05-18-2005 at 06:59 PM.