View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Entropy666
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: 24311b91
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

John and mas90guru, I am glad you guys enjoyed the review. It really helps when you guys chime in and add to the review. I try to be as through as possible with my reviews. I will try to include your comments in the next update. I am still working on getting more writers so that we can share this kind of useful information with all BlackBerry users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Nice write-up. I second all the pros. I have only three cons I can report:

1. The delete key has been mapped to delete the email now but I have emails setup to prompt me for delete on handheld or mailbox & handheld. When I delete from SmartView it only deletes on handheld without prompting me.

2. I have two email systems setup on my device. One BES mail and another BIS (Gmail) setup. If I receive an email from my Gmail account and I attempt to reply from within SmartView the message system used is the default (BES mail.) I can change via "Send Using" but this is an inconvenience. If I receive a PIN message and attempt to reply from within SmartView it still attempts to use my default email messaging service (BES mail) with no way of changing the "Send Using" to PIN messaging.

3. Occasionally I get links instead of the pictures but I'm guessing it has to do with what the RIM servers will let through or maybe even my corporate BES.

Overall, this is a pretty neat app and has been wanted by many for a good long time. I have been enjoying it.

JC