View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemiolia View Post
I purchased from Seidio about three weeks ago, the extended battery (1250mAh), the matching battery cover, and the crystal case. Total amount of this order: $77.27

A few observations after using the above mentioned items for almost a month. I'm not trying to knock Seido, just wanted to give an objective review of some of the problems I encountered, since no one [eerily] says anything bad about their products on this forum -- things I wish I had known prior to ordering these products.

1. I notice no negligible difference between the battery life of the original factory battery and the extended battery from Seidio. I "conditioned" the battery, exactly as instructed.

2. The grill for the speaker opening on the battery cover is very flimsy. Through normal use, one "grill" has snapped, and another has completely fallen off.

3. The crystal case fits the handset reasonably well. There are a few areas where it feels loose and therefore squeeks a little when squeezed. This wasn't a biggie for me. The biggie unfortunately, as suspected, is that there is still that tendency for particulate matter (dust, hair, dirt, sand) to work its way between the case and the handset itself. When you have that plastic-on-plastic grinding going on in there, it's inevitable that you'll end up scratching the plastic on the handset, which is exactly what happened to me.

I sent two emails, one through my account online and the other directly to Seidio with NO responses. I basically wanted to know whether this was normal and whether they received other similar complaints. If not, then I wanted to exchange it with products from maybe a different lot.

I am back to my old battery and cover (and the muffled sound).

Caveat emptor. . .
Hemiolia,

We're sorry you had some issues getting a response to your emails. We were having some server problems but have since fixed them. For whatever reason it sounds as if you were unhappy with your purchase. Please email me your information and original order number ([email address]) and I will see that you're taken care of.

Thanks,