Thread: JL_Cmder
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #167 (permalink)
darkmeth

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0
Default Black Screen and flashing RED LED

Hello-First let me start by thanking all of you for contributing to this site. The content is very useful!

Second-I have a BB 8800 that started doing the reset loop a couple of days ago. Today I connected it to the desktop Manager and it would not detect it. I selected the apploader and it detected the device and identified the PIN. I followed the wizard up until the point where it asked for the device password. I wasn't sure if I would be able to recover the data so I purposely entered the incorrect password 10 times. The apploader advised me that it was wiping the device. When it finished, the LED would blink twice every so many seconds. I disconnected it from my PC, removed the battery, re-instered it and tested it. Now the device does not turn on, the LED remains red for almost a minute and then it starts to blink twice every so many seconds. I tried walking through the solutions provided using the Java app, and the App Loader via cmd but I can't get the device to be detected no matter what I do. I don't think it's a harsware failure and feel like I"m very close to bringing it back to life. Am I missing something? I appreciate any assistance and/or guidance. Thank you!
Offline   Reply With Quote