View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 06:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Liberty Ship
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexasgirl View Post
I believe you can go to Options - Security - General Settings and then enable a password, it will also ask you if you want to include the address book.
Right. I have a lot of data on my BB and it gets my business and personal emails and it can hit my Yahoo! site and knows passwords to my gmail and stuff. It didn't take me long to set a password on the phone itself! As I said whenever it locks, which is after a couple of minutes of inactivity or when I manually lock it with the smart key, all you're going to get without the password is my "please return to" screen. And if they try to get in unsuccessfully 10 times, it wipes itself out.

This is not so much about the cost of a new BB, but the hassle of replacing it and the personal security risk. I mean, if someone gets it and gets access to it, they can start sending e-mails and responses that look like they are coming from me!!!!! I back up the system every week or so if I did have to replace it, it would be pretty easy. Easier still, however, would be someone who found it to call me and turn it over! It's with me all the time. The risk is really much more my losing it rather than someone stealing it.