View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
pmb600

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Default VZW 8830 Sound key beep ringer issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I was going to get the iPhone next week and switch from Verizon to AT&T, but I got a free BlackBerry 8830 from Verizon so I figured I would do with this for a while.

This is my first BlackBerry/smart phone of any kind. I really have no business need, I just love technology and gadgets. I had the Motorola KRZR which completey sucked. I went through three handsets since January since they all had issues. Finally last weekend I called Verizon to argue with them and tell them I want something different. They told me I could exchange it for an LG which I told them was unacceptable because I paid nearly double for the KRZR. I said they could either give me the difference back or just give me all my money back and I would activate one of my old phones for the remainder of my contract. They came back after several calls and far too much time on the phone and said I could exchange for anything I wanted. So naturally I picked the best/most expensive thing they have right now.

I'm getting way off topic. The real reason I am writing is because I'm having a problem with the sound. I got the device on Monday night and noticed that after some calls or some activities the sound would stop working. The key beeps, track ball "clicks" and the ringer would stop working. Later, and unpredictably it starts working again. I brought it back last night to ask about it and the tech said that he just would exchange it because it shouldn't be doing that. So I have another one and it's doing the same thing. I can't imagine that they all do this, so what's going on? Any suggestions?

Last edited by pmb600 : 06-23-2007 at 12:13 AM.