View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
mediaman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 0
Default Physical Security when carrying the Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

On a daily basis, I carry the BB in the holster case on my belt and love it. Works for me.

I will be going on vacation next month - a baltic cruise - and was planning to simply leave the BB at home as I donít need it re business ( I'm on vacation!)......however I do enjoy the convenience of having all my personal emergency/contact/travel info with me, the ability to call/text whenever I want etc. But like a wallet, I need to be cautious re pickpockets etc.

What do others do in this situation? I'm going thru a few options in my head, ie

1 - keep the holster, just use an elastic band around it so it can't be easily taken out
2 - forget the holster and keep the unit in a buttoned front pants pocket
3 - put the unit with my waist money belt ( though it might get a tad uncomfortable there!!)
4 - keep the unit is the cabin safe while on board/touring.

I am leaning with Option 1 while travelling and Option 4 once I am on board/touring ( and simply keep a paper copy of important numbers with me).

I am laughing at myself now with regard to being guilty of a liitle too much over-thinking here!! - I guess I need a vacation! ! But I do love the blackberry!! And donít want to lose it!! And who better to offer me advice than fellow users!

Tx