View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
crayzboost

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Post Thanks: 0
Default Is there anyone here with a sprint 8703e not on BIS/BES with gmail mobile working?

Please Login to Remove!

Ok guys first I would like to say hello to all, I am new to this forum but NOT new to forums. Here is my dilemma, I have a sprint sero plan as some of you know is a sweet plan (49.99, 1250 mins, 7-7, unlimited internet, unlimited text and picture mail).

I do not want to give up this plan but the blackberry is the best and most stable smartphone sprint currently offers, came from treo 650(poor reception) and 2 motorola Q's (poor reception and buggy OS).

I am currently using opera mini to get on the internet but cannot download the gmail mobile app.

After a ton of searching I found it here toward the bottom.

New Gmail App and BB Application Loader!

I downloaded the .cod files and copied and pasted the .alx file into notepad and named it gmailmobile.alx

After installing it it tries to connect but cannot because it says I have no internet connection.

Does anyone have a blackberry 8703e without blackberry services in my position that has this working? It is the only thing I need to have almost all of the blackberry features without paying 39.99 for the service.

Also I have been looking into other alternatives for push email, Like purchasing BES services from the net but there is no real good explanation that I have been able to find on wether or not I need to Purchase the blackberry plan from Sprint first.

I dont need all of the other services that that plan offers except I would like push email. Are there any 3rd party companies that offer BIS or the like so I can get push?

Thanks for all help and insight in advance.