Thread: Refurb or new?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
w9ndb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: Upon Request
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Refurb or new?

Please Login to Remove!

I am ready to purchase an 8100 pearl through AT&T in the next few days and I'd like some advice or opinions on if I should get a refurb or spend the extra ~$225 on a brand new one. Does anyone have experience getting refurb blackberries from AT&T? Are there any "gotchas" that I should know about other than that I'd need to order the refurb and that I could pick the new one up in the store? I've been a fan of getting refurb stuff in the past for the cost savings and never really had any issues (3 of my 4 Treo's have been refurbs, many of my other electronics are as well).
I don't have a problem paying full price, but if I can save $200 with no real negative issues then that will cover my bill for almost 3 months.

My other questions are if I can get the phone and service and port my Verizon number at a later date and if I can easily add a line and change to family talk at a later time. Those are AT&T provider related questions so I understand if no one wants to answer them in here. I'm pretty sure both of those things are technically possible since I did them on Verizon a few years ago.

Comments, Advice and Opinions hereby solicited =)

nb