Thread: JL_Cmder
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 AM   #168 (permalink)
steinsoz

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Post Thanks: 0
Exclamation Problem trying to reload Blackberry Pearl

Hi all. Well this is a very useful forum, however I still cannot solve my problem hope you can help! I have a new T-Mobile Pearl, latest desktop manager, trying to install 4.2.1.96. The first install failed during the "trying to reconnect to JVM" step. So now I'm out here trying the JL_Cmder. Here's where I'm up to:
  1. Desktop Manager not running
  2. Blackberry restarted without the battery
  3. Deleted vendor.xml
  4. Connected via USB
  5. Device Manager running, and it sees the BB as USB:PIN-FFFFFFFF
  6. JL_Cmder never seems to find the BB, even with the -u command and a simple "dir" to see if its working
  7. Application Loader Wizard starts, finds the BB at USB:PIN-FFFFFFFF
  8. Application Loader presents the panel of software, I choose just the defaults for now
  9. Updating Your Device panel appears
  10. under "Load JVM and System Software", "Erasing Applications" appears to complete
  11. under "Load JVM and System Software", "Loading System Software" appears to complete (ie. green bar crawls across to the end, then repeats rapidly)
  12. under "Load JVM and System Software", "Waiting For Device initialization" appears to complete. During this process I hear a Windows USB device disconnected noise, followed by a connection noise, then a pause, then two connection noises in rapid succession
  13. under "Load JVM and System Software", "Reconnecting to JVM" progress bar crawls across the screen, and then ends with an error panel
  14. The error panel is titled "Unable to Complete the Loading Operation" and has this message: "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

Woe is me ... please help ... thanks!

Tony
Offline   Reply With Quote