Hi all. Well this is a very useful forum, however I still cannot solve my problem hope you can help! I have a new T-Mobile Pearl, latest desktop manager, trying to install 220.127.116.11. The first install failed during the "trying to reconnect to JVM" step. So now I'm out here trying the JL_Cmder. Here's where I'm up to:
- Desktop Manager not running
- Blackberry restarted without the battery
- Deleted vendor.xml
- Connected via USB
- Device Manager running, and it sees the BB as USB:PIN-FFFFFFFF
- JL_Cmder never seems to find the BB, even with the -u command and a simple "dir" to see if its working
- Application Loader Wizard starts, finds the BB at USB:PIN-FFFFFFFF
- Application Loader presents the panel of software, I choose just the defaults for now
- Updating Your Device panel appears
- under "Load JVM and System Software", "Erasing Applications" appears to complete
- under "Load JVM and System Software", "Loading System Software" appears to complete (ie. green bar crawls across to the end, then repeats rapidly)
- under "Load JVM and System Software", "Waiting For Device initialization" appears to complete. During this process I hear a Windows USB device disconnected noise, followed by a connection noise, then a pause, then two connection noises in rapid succession
- under "Load JVM and System Software", "Reconnecting to JVM" progress bar crawls across the screen, and then ends with an error panel
- The error panel is titled "Unable to Complete the Loading Operation" and has this message: "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."
Woe is me ... please help ... thanks!