View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryer View Post
You're really not going to notice a huge difference between EV-DO and Rev. A. Especially where data (email, texts, etc) is concerned. Web browsing is already incredibly fast on EV-DO, so I'm not sure how much faster Rev. A makes it or how noticeable that difference would be.

As for your second concern, ask yourself what software it is you're using and why and then ask if it would be applicable to a BB should you have one. I had a Treo and all that "neat" software that would continually crash my device when I used it. Since switching to BlackBerry I haven't noticed or cared about too many add ons. At first I thought I'd miss the Office editing stuff, but then I realized I virtually NEVER had to edit a document on my phone, nor would I want to.

To the folks who have concerns the very best thing you can do is simply try out the device for thirty days and see if it fits your needs. As someone who has used both, I'd be shocked if you didn't find that the 8830 blew away what you had been previously using.

very well stated indeed.