View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Triforce66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: IsSharpAndPointy
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinsage View Post
Hi Triforce66,

I may be getting a little out of my league here, but if I'm understanding you correctly, then yes, I think you'd either have to open whatever port the MS RDP protocol uses, or tunnel over SSH (port 22?) and port-forward or whatever from there (I'm speaking from the context of using TSMobiles on the BB as the client). I thought that the RDP protocol was secure (well, as secure as anything can be), so I didn't think there was a need to use SSH. I know that it's very wise to use an SSH tunnel if you're using the VNC protocol.

I don't know if this answered your question, it might be best to contact Shape Services and Idokorro directly if you're concerned about security.
Rock, you are correct. I am looking to connect through ssh and tunnel in because I do not like the idea of opening the windows RDP port to the public. I guess part of my original question was is this possible with the BB? I know of a couple ssh applications but do any of them support tunneling / and or the RDP applications? With new windows exploits coming out every week, I would prefer to only open one port instead of multiple. (that and ssh allows you to secure copy and secure ftp with the same port).