View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: *
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman01 View Post
Thanks, but a couple of quick questions.

1. What is BIS (sorry)
2. We have OWA but only allow through VPN - no outside world. Does this change things?

Can I still make this work?

Thanks-
1) Blackberry Internet-email Service (the link I gave you).
2) Yes, that does change things... you can try it and see if BIS makes a connection, if it fails it'll tell you that it did. Also, (I ask this because I'm an admin as well) why in the world are you having everyone nail VPN up before they can use OWA? I know you may be concerned about security, but that's added traffic for the VPN on your Internet Line that could be free for other things. If security is a concern, then just turn on SSL for OWA and use it on 443 (https) and not on the default port 80. It's really nice and clean/secure that way too and you don't waste bandwidth on opening MSVPN or other VPN sockets all the time. The whole idea of OWA is to be able to use it in a pinch if you only have access to a public or private-non work PC/laptop. Requiring VPN to use OWA kind of defeats that purpose. You might as well just setup Outlook 2003 to connect directly to the Exchange server through the VPN at that point. It'll be a lot nicer then OWA.

Last edited by JRSCCivic98 : 07-10-2007 at 11:02 AM.