| | java.lang.error on BlackBerry 8800
Please Login to Remove!
I'am having a weird error on two Blackberrys of our customers. They both use 8800s with RIM OS 220.127.116.11. Whenever they try to launch our applictation they get an "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.error", which is not a very specific error message.
I then got the log messages using ALT+lglg. Here is it:
Zeit: Jul. 12, 2007 12:20:44
No detail message
It seems the application always crashes the first time it trys to access the persistent store. Notice this is not due to application permissions, where it would say "Application Control assertIPCAllowed". We already ruled that out.
The application seems to run just fine on their 8700s, which are on the same BES. And there are also no problems on our 8800s, which use the same RIM OS version.
So as you see its pretty confusing, I checked for incompatible third party apps, but thats not the case, since our application is the only third party application on the phones. Also language settings seem to be alright too, I heard that might cause the error.
At first I thought the 8800 of our customer is just broken, but now two devices show the same behaviour.