View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.g View Post
Hi,

I'am having a weird error on two Blackberrys of our customers. They both use 8800s with RIM OS 4.2.1.73. Whenever they try to launch our applictation they get an "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.error", which is not a very specific error message.

I then got the log messages using ALT+lglg. Here is it:

Name: Error
GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
Zeit: Jul. 12, 2007 12:20:44
No detail message
net_rim_cldc
PersistentStore
getPersistentObject
0x9405

It seems the application always crashes the first time it trys to access the persistent store. Notice this is not due to application permissions, where it would say "Application Control assertIPCAllowed". We already ruled that out.

The application seems to run just fine on their 8700s, which are on the same BES. And there are also no problems on our 8800s, which use the same RIM OS version.

So as you see its pretty confusing, I checked for incompatible third party apps, but thats not the case, since our application is the only third party application on the phones. Also language settings seem to be alright too, I heard that might cause the error.

At first I thought the 8800 of our customer is just broken, but now two devices show the same behaviour.

Any advice?
it happens mostly after deletion of a program. Where I have seen it happen quite frequently is if they delete memo pad or tasks
Offline   Reply With Quote