View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Telus
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
Nice review.

1. I was not able to see what impact changing fonts had on the app. Whatever font I chose did not seem to change how my email looked.

2. When receiving an html email where a user has pasted a screen shot, I was not able to view the pasted image nor was I able to "download" the image as I would otherwise be able to do on the native BES driven message app.\

Nice tip on NOT setting the app as the default viewer -- makes the program more useful to only call it when you need to view an html email.

I initially had checked "Show full hyperlinks in email" and that caused the program to show me the full urls -- in order to cut the clutter I had to remove the checkmark. It wasn't initially clear to me what this option was doing (user error on my part)

3. Some emails don't come through in complete html format. Am not sure where the limitation lies. Seems that this product gets you 75% of the way to a true html.
Changing the font size works fine on my device (8830) . . . . . maybe you don't have the latest version . . . I have 2.1