Thread: 7100 Died
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
crazydude
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
Carrier: att & vzw
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickenscpa View Post
I took my 7100 off the charger this morning and everything was fine. I had a CPE seminar today that started at 8AM. The proctor of course told everyone to turn off cell phones. I usually just turn mine to "quiet."

I pulled my 7100 out of the holster and it was powered off. The seminar was over at lunch and it would not power up. I go by the Nextel store and he tells me it's not a battery problem, it's a hardware failure. In his exact words, "toast."

I realize I can get all my contacts thru my SIM card, but is there ANY way to retrieve my data. I know I'm horrible for not having a more recent backup, but there ya have it.

I have my personal checkbook in there. Tax return due dates for 28 states, the counties within and each city within that county, my personal bills basically everything.

One thing the guy behind the counter said that has really bothered me is, "These Blackberry's are bad about this." I've never heard of one going dead myself, 'cept mine.
sorry to hear that. But don't take his word yet=> ("These Blackberry's are bad about this" haven't heard of that neither) get home try revive it with desktop manager.
About your data do you ever backup with desktop manager?? that might be you best chance for recovery

good luck

Remember search first =>Forum Search

Get Answers From Blackberry Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by crazydude : 07-18-2007 at 03:39 PM.