View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
AndrewAZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlegas View Post
I had before T-Mobile MDA and SDA Smartphones without Data Plan, usualy putting on Tzones the right settings you can use the internet and many network applications. I got this phone because I red that you can use the Opera over the Sprint plan, also when I ordered online I can avoid the $40 for the data plan.

I think that I still install an Email application and many others that connect to the internet, and avoiding the BIS services. Really I don't need PUSH MAIL.
You can use opera but you need a data plan. If you really dont need push email then get a treo, I dont need it either and I gave up my $10 a month grandfathered power vision plan and had to change to the BB connect for $39 a month. You wont be able to cheat the BB or even the treos into giving you free internet on sprint, at most with the treo you could cheat the system by adding a file that would allow free phone as a modem.

But you answered your question in the first post, you need a sprint data plan trust me $39 a month is cheap vs paying .02 kb you will easily hit $100+ with light surfing and email if you do it daily and especially if you are installing applications.

I think you might want to look into taking the phone back if you dont want to pay the BB service fee. I am glad to pay $30 more a month than to have to use a treo again.