View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
Lighten up, Penguin3107. While I agree that there's no fraud, we're still entitled to be irritated that there's a significant function built into the 8830 that we can't use.

Besides, you're not even a Verizon customer, so why all the angst?
You're entitled to be irritated whenever you want.
But that's not the point of this thread, is it?

The OP clearly stated that this is PROOF that Verizon is advertising fully functional GPS in the 8830, and could be used in a class-action lawsuit. It's simply not proof of anything, and this is far from a litigous issue.

The ad is pre-prerelease advertisement, which has absolutely zero legal binding.

My angst with this topic has more to do with this forum being flooded topics such as these, which all say the exact same thing. There's no need to start more duplicate topics which only end up as flame wars.

I support an enterprise wireless network of over 100 Verizon BlackBerry devices... several of which are 8830 handhelds. I don't need to use the device personally in order to be familiar with the GPS "controversy" regarding the 8830.

I may not agree with Verizon's decision to cripple GPS... but what bothers me even more are the crybabies and whiners who think they can change the world with threats of class-action lawsuits which, in the end, only result in the lining of the pockets of lawyers who could not care less about your personal plight.

The bottom line is that people who bought the 8830 with the intention of using it for GPS navigation simply didn't do their due diligence in making sure the device suited their needs before they purchased. Caveat emptor.

This topic has been discussed to death and it's simply time for people to move on.

Go with another carrier and another device if you need fully-functional GPS.