View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
M374llic4

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default New to BB. Ticketing system, need BES?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions. I was up till 4 am trying to research, but theres alot of stuff to read, and its all new to me.

First off, how necessary is BES if you have T-Mobile full internet access? We can setup to check our email with out it can we not? If so, whats the major benefit of it?

Our company just got a few Blackberrys. Perhaps I should explain what we would like to do. Our IT department would like to implement a ticketing system for in house and external trouble calls. We would like users to be able to go to a website, login, fill out a trouble ticket, and have that ticket go in to a queue based on selected importance, or group importance (service level contract) and be emailed or displayed on the assigned technicians blackberry. We can then view, edit, complete, change assigned user from the blackberry.

Is it possible to get internet access through my laptop LAN? I live in an area with very very low signal on my street, and want to connect to my pc and use my cable connection.

Thanks in advance for anyone who actually reads all of that. Another thanks to anyone who has a suggestion or any help

Dan