View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 05:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
pauuu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: vodafone
Post Thanks: 0
Post Emailing to external addresses

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All I was wondering if anybody else has experienced anything like this. I am experiencing issues with sending emails to external contacts via my blackberry (I can email them via lotus notes without any issue). The emails simply bounce back with a SMTP error 24 hours later (Failed to connect to SMTP host ROGERS.BLACKBERRY.NET because 221 2.0.0 mx05.bwc.na.blackberry.net closing connection).

Now I can email to other external contacts fine, I have a few web mail accounts as well and I can send emails to them ok as well. But I do have two pop3 accounts that I am having this problem with as well. They also have similar errors when a email is sent to them (Failed to connect to SMTP host ORANGE.NET because : SMTP Protocol Returned a Transient Error)

That one does concern me though as my service provider is orange and I doubt there would be any reason why they would block access to themselves. I have tried contacting orange, they have been very friendly but alas so far they are unable to help me resolve this problem.

If anybody has experienced anything like this could you please let me know.

Thanks

Paul