View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 03:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Elliot Lonsdale
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: CellularOne
Post Thanks: 0

I always hesitated trying eOffice because of the high pricetag, but I have been trying it out all day long. I must say this is one amazing program. I'm not going to use the advanced stuff like fax functions, but so far I am seriously impressed with what this software can do.

Since I can't compare it to old versions, I can't really offer any constructive criticism, but I can let you know what I think about this current version. People have been mentioning attachments being slow, and that hasn't been the case for me. Everything has been speedy quick, and I have run some pretty beefy files through the app.

I only had one problem with a PDF not opening, but I later found out it was an error on my part. So far everything I have thrown at the app has worked very nicely, and again, I'm quite impressed.

As another user mentioned, I too could see myself using this far too often (I work in IT for a local government) -- but the pricetag is a little steep. A stripped down version for $50-75 appeals to me. I'd love to have the full app, but us local government folk always have budget issues (at least my department does).

Keep in mind I am not deriding the price point, just saying it does not coincide with my budget at this point in time. Maybe next year I can try to budget a few copies of this in for the department heads.

Oh, and the mouse feature is implemented very well. I wish more developers would try to incorporate this in.