| | Bes Domino 2.2 to 4.0 with hardware change
Please Login to Remove!
I need to shutdown a Bes exchange and reuse the licence, and upgrade a Bes 2.2 Domino to a BES 4, but the hardware is obsolete: a Pentium 3, 1 Ghz with 512 Mb Ram
So, I have to change the Pc.
In this case to avoid problem with end user, I think that the build step are:
1. Install the new machine with the SO Server, The Domino Server, etcetera.
2. Install the Bes 2.2 (i have the 4.0 upgrade, not complete) offline with the same licence of the "original" one
3. Upgrade the Bes 2.2 to Bes 4.0
4. Reuse the licence from exchange to Domino and increase the user that can be hosted to Domino
5. Give to the new domino bes the same name, ip, and other filed of old bes.
how can i copy the DB of the user to old bes to new one?
Do I have to put a 2.5 step: copy the DB to old 2.2 bes to new 2.2 bes and then upgrade to 4.0?
have someone found the same problem?
Thanks in advance.