Originally Posted by CarBob
Don't flame me but I think your avatar must be getting to you!!
You are usually so helpful.
hehe. Well, usually after a run of a 35% gain over a few weeks without much actual or fiscal substance, you really have to wonder if it's smart to purchase that much stock. Now tiger is looking at a loss of $15/share since he posted, or a bit more than $2,000 in net loss of his net purchase rate. I mean, it's gained over $50/share in the last month, so maybe it will go back up. Of course, everytime their stock does bad, I contemplate purchasing some but never do... and then it rebounds and I repeatedly kick myself in the butt. But at this point, I'm not sure if there's much more room for RIMM to move. I think it'll settle off a bit lower than it is now, and then it'd be a smart buy, once again (maybe wait until it lowers to $200-205 or so). But purchasing it at almost an all-time peak may not have been that smart, but I'd hold off until the 3-for-1 split comes around next month before thinking of selling - who knows, we may have another spell of record breaking numbers again.