Originally Posted by jibi
hehe. Well, usually after a run of a 35% gain over a few weeks without much actual or fiscal substance, you really have to wonder if it's smart to purchase that much stock. Now tiger is looking at a loss of $15/share since he posted, or a bit more than $2,000 in net loss of his net purchase rate. I mean, it's gained over $50/share in the last month, so maybe it will go back up. Of course, everytime their stock does bad, I contemplate purchasing some but never do... and then it rebounds and I repeatedly kick myself in the butt. But at this point, I'm not sure if there's much more room for RIMM to move. I think it'll settle off a bit lower than it is now, and then it'd be a smart buy, once again (maybe wait until it lowers to $200-205 or so). But purchasing it at almost an all-time peak may not have been that smart, but I'd hold off until the 3-for-1 split comes around next month before thinking of selling - who knows, we may have another spell of record breaking numbers again.
Thanks Jibi. Totally concur. Would never even think of buying any stock if it appears to be at the top of the market.
Will be interesting to see what happens when RIM introduces the BB 9000 series.