View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
ptrewhella

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpudotorg View Post
Neither worked with this information.
I called BB advanced support and they tell me its not supposed to work and they do not support it.

Any ideas why I would continue to get this error?

"No carrier detected. Please check phone line connection and try again."

I can go on the net via the phone direct but not connect my MacBook Pro to the net.

HELP

Ron
Yes, I had this exact problem. It turns out that Sprint in fact did not have my plan set up correctly. I had upgraded from a Treo 650, but when I called to activate the 8830, the CSR failed to inform me that my old PCS Vision plan is not applicable with the BB. After getting this error, I phoned Sprint and asked to be put on the BB Unlimited Plan ($39.99/month) and that fixed the problem. They apparently have two of these plans -- one for CDMA and the other for RTT (same price). Make sure they put you on the CDMA version of the plan. They messed this up and I had to call back. Then they set me up on the correct BB plan, but inadvertently dropped my voice plan, and I had to make a FOURTH call. This time I got through to BB support people at Sprint and someone actually got it done right. I use the WWAN Support script and it is working fine with my MacBook.

Good luck, and let me know if you need further assistance.

Phil
Offline   Reply With Quote