View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: 23FDBBE4
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

It doesn't do a whole lot for me. I feel it is mostly a recolored/newbackground version of the standard Today theme.

Some of the graphics, such as the speaker volume highlighting, are poorly cropped. When using a gradient it usually has a defined border or fades in the background well. Also I'm not a fan of the variety of fonts. You've used 3 just in the header alone. Plazmic recommends, as they should, that you minimize the use of different fonts to keep a consistent look across the theme.

I do however like that your color choices are mostly tasteful rather than a mishmash of unmatching colors. My only suggestion with that goes back to the multiple fonts used and having 4 different colored (5 different in total) fonts just on the main today screen.

One last thing to take into consideration is how things ACTUALLY look on the blackberry. Your "Blackberry" carrier text has somewhat odd placement in the header. It also appears to dip below the cut-off line. Though that won't affect anything and may be purposeful.