View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
ultramet

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0
Default Broken USB Charger Port on 8800..Need Advice

Please Login to Remove!

I have a problem similarly reported in this forum. I purchased a BB 8800 from a private seller and have been using the device on ATT. Unfortunately, the USB charger port is broken and I can no longer charge the device with the travel charger (I also cannot sync). I must charge the device by removing the battery and charging it in an external charger (this is a real pain). I contacted BBrepair.com but they have no 8800 parts as of yet in order to repair the device. ATT won't budge because I didn't by the phone from them. RIM wants $180 for a refurb and $230 for a new device which I think is absurd given their cheap construction and design flaw.

Before, I go back to my crappy Treo are there any repair/replacement options that I have missed?? I could upgrade to the 8820 when it comes out but all of this talk of ATT limiting the 8820 GPS capabilities makes me hesitant. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I really think the 8800 is the best smartphone that I have had. I just wish that it would have lasted longer.