View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
sirgruffil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One View Post
That is strange. Instead of just pushing the 'Migrate' button and moving your account to BIS 2 they would rather go through account deletion?

Here is the difference between these two approaches you should be aware of: if they migrate you, your old user name will be preserved. If they delete your account and create new- you might not be able to reclaim your old user name. Chances are slim but it did happen with the person I know.

So, if you really wish to keep your old user name- call customer support again, tell them look for migrate button. If you are OK with possibly changing user name and blackberry email address- let them delete your account.
They seemed adamant that migration wasn't possible, but I guess I can try asking again. I imagine you know how hard it can be to find someone in support who is willing or able to help.

Regarding the potential loss of user name - that doesn't bother me if I could still use my old [email address] address. Does 2.0 definitely allow you to set up a mobile email address different from your user name?

Thanks.