View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
J-Mac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Larry,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryH View Post
...Have you set up your BIS email account? Since your profile says you're with AT&T, you'd do that here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

That will create your Blackerry.net email address as well as permit you to grab email from other accounts. Within each of those accounts, you have the ability to set-up an individual signature. It's done online, not the phone. It's not a BES only feature.

If you had a BES account, you'd be able to set the signature within the Options on the phone.

I don't know if there's a "workaround" to BES but there are many places that will host an exchange server and BES. Some are talked about on these forums. I use and recommend The Message Center Exchange Hosting. It will run you around $10/mo for the exchange and about the same for the BES service. Therefore you'd be paying just under $20/mo for the whole deal. They charge no set-up or termination fees unlike many others. I believe they have a trial period, too.
Yes, I had already setup my Blackberry email account online. Actually I had setup a couple of my other email addresses on the Curve first. Then when I found out about AT&T's site I visited and saw the link to setup a Blackberry email address. I didn't notice anything at that time that would allow a signature to be added, but I will go there again and look for it.

The Message Center Exchange sounded good until I saw the price in your post -- Ouch! For comparison, I have a Personal MS Exchange account hosted at Mail2Web.com which allowed me to have push email on my last phone. The plan I have only gives me one email address, though I can have it pull messages from other addresses and deliver those also. The storage limits aren't extraordinary, but the cost is only $1.99 monthly.

Thanks.

Jim